Historic Environment Scotland has announced funding of £842,802 to support conservation repair projects to historic buildings throughout the country, and Dunollie Castle, Museum & Grounds is one of the recipients.
£141,605 has been awarded to the 15th century Dunollie Castle in Oban for works to the exterior and the main tower. This project forms part of a wider regeneration programme for the Castle which includes the museum and grounds.
As part of the fundraising for the Phase III of Dunollie Castle Conservation, they will host a "Save Oban's Skyline" event on March 7 at the Royal Hotel in Oban.
Evening's Programme will include:
- 3 course meal prepared by local chef's Colin Felgate and Michael France, using locally sourced produce (included in ticket)
"Starter: Oban Whisky cured salmon with lemon dressed leaves
Main: Slow braised topside of beef, winter vegetables with Red wine and treacle jus served on chive mash
Dessert: Drambuie Panna cotta with Cranachan Cream, Shortbread & Highland Fold Ice Cream"
- A display of Dunollie’s new textile range organised by Oban High School Student
- An update on progress of castle works so far
- In house Auction to bid for prizes such as Golf Weekend, Tennents Brewery Tour, First Weaving of the new Lorn Tweed and much more
- Raffle exclusive to dinner guests
- Live Music from ‘The Boogies’ and ‘Ceilidh Bandidos"
Dress Code: Evening Wear. Doors Open at 6.30 pm, with dinner served at 7 pm sharp.
If you love castles, let Imagine Alba Day Tours plan a castle hunting tour from Oban. Visit Argyll's most iconic castles, climb the turrets and take in the breath taking lochside views. Our favourite castles include Kilchurn, Inveraray, Carnasserie, Stalker, Dunstaffnage, Dunollie and Sween. We've got a castle to scratch every itch! Get in touch today to start planning your castle hunting day tour from Oban with Imagine Alba.